Before submitting your manuscript, please make certain that you have followed the Guidelines to Authors that are detailed on the Submisions page.
Authors are responsible for their own layout and language editing, and must follow the specified guidelines.
Clean Air Journal encourages the submission of manuscripts from undergraduate and postgraduate students. The editors will provide support and guidance to the student through the review process, as needed. Upon submission of the manuscript, we recommend identifying any student authors to the editor including the degree for which they are registered.
Requirements for conference papers submitted to the Clean Air Journal
Clean Air Journal does accept manuscripts that are based upon conference papers that meet the following requirements.
- The paper published by the Clean Air Journal should be comprised of at least 30% new material that was not presented at the conference.
- The conference paper should be expanded and improved by:
- Improving the paper’s overall quality using feedback obtained at the conference to revise and rewrite the paper
- Adding new material to the paper
- When the paper is submitted to the Clean Air Journal, a letter must be submitted to the Editors detailing how the manuscript has been revised following presentation at the conference. A copy of the original conference paper should also be submitted. Highlighting new figures, sections, analyses, etc. clearly upon submission will expedite the process.
- The presentation of the conference paper must be clearly disclosed at the end of the article. For example, for a paper that was presented at the NACA conference, the statement can read: An earlier version of this paper was presented at the National Association of Clean Air (NACA) Conference in <month and year> and was published in its Proceedings.
All submitted expanded conference papers undergo the Clean Air Journal’s peer-review process. Once the review process has been completed, the editor will make the final decision as to whether the submitted Clean Air Journal publication is sufficiently different from the conference proceedings before final acceptance to be published in Clean Air Journal.